New Potatoes with Caviar
New potatoes topped with a bit of sour cream and caviar is a sophisticated addition to your cocktail party spread.
- 12 very small new potatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 ounces black caviar, (1/4 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper, (optional)
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and cool under running water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- While potatoes are chilling, combine sour cream and yogurt.
- When potatoes are thoroughly chilled, cut them in half. Cut a small slice off of each rounded end so that the potatoes sit without rolling. Place a teaspoonful of the sour cream mixture on each potato. Top with chives and 1/2 teaspoon of caviar. Top with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Per piece: 75 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 388 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient