New Potatoes with Caviar
New potatoes topped with a bit of sour cream and caviar is a sophisticated addition to your cocktail party spread.
- 12 very small new potatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 ounces black caviar, (1/4 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper, (optional)
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and cool under running water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- While potatoes are chilling, combine sour cream and yogurt.
- When potatoes are thoroughly chilled, cut them in half. Cut a small slice off of each rounded end so that the potatoes sit without rolling. Place a teaspoonful of the sour cream mixture on each potato. Top with chives and 1/2 teaspoon of caviar. Top with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Per piece: 75 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 388 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)