New Potatoes with Caviar
New potatoes topped with a bit of sour cream and caviar is a sophisticated addition to your cocktail party spread.
- 12 very small new potatoes
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 ounces black caviar, (1/4 cup)
- Freshly ground pepper, (optional)
- Place potatoes in a medium saucepan with water to cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and cool under running water. Refrigerate until chilled.
- While potatoes are chilling, combine sour cream and yogurt.
- When potatoes are thoroughly chilled, cut them in half. Cut a small slice off of each rounded end so that the potatoes sit without rolling. Place a teaspoonful of the sour cream mixture on each potato. Top with chives and 1/2 teaspoon of caviar. Top with freshly ground pepper, if desired.
Per piece: 75 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 16 mg cholesterol; 14 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 388 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (15% daily value).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1 starch
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Ease of Preparation