Roasted New Potatoes & Green Beans
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
Whoever said potato salad needs to be cold? For this warm version, new potatoes are roasted right alongside green beans, then tossed in a tangy champagne vinegar and Gorgonzola dressing. If you like, you can toss in some baby arugula.
- 1 1/2 pounds new or baby potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion greens
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes and green beans in a large bowl with 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and golden and the green beans are tender and browned in spots, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining 3 teaspoons oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and scallion greens.
- When the vegetables are done, toss with the dressing in the bowl. Serve warm.
Per serving: 151 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 295 mg sodium; 567 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (22% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2011