Roasted New Potatoes & Green Beans
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
Whoever said potato salad needs to be cold? For this warm version, new potatoes are roasted right alongside green beans, then tossed in a tangy champagne vinegar and Gorgonzola dressing. If you like, you can toss in some baby arugula.
- 1 1/2 pounds new or baby potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion greens
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes and green beans in a large bowl with 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and golden and the green beans are tender and browned in spots, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining 3 teaspoons oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and scallion greens.
- When the vegetables are done, toss with the dressing in the bowl. Serve warm.
Per serving: 151 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 295 mg sodium; 567 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (22% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2011