Roasted New Potatoes & Green Beans
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
Whoever said potato salad needs to be cold? For this warm version, new potatoes are roasted right alongside green beans, then tossed in a tangy champagne vinegar and Gorgonzola dressing. If you like, you can toss in some baby arugula.
- 1 1/2 pounds new or baby potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion greens
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes and green beans in a large bowl with 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and golden and the green beans are tender and browned in spots, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining 3 teaspoons oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and scallion greens.
- When the vegetables are done, toss with the dressing in the bowl. Serve warm.
Tips & Notes
- Easy cleanup: To save time and keep your baking sheet looking fresh, line it with a layer of foil before you bake.
Per serving: 151 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 295 mg sodium; 567 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (22% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- March/April 2011