Roasted New Potatoes & Green Beans
From EatingWell: March/April 2011
Whoever said potato salad needs to be cold? For this warm version, new potatoes are roasted right alongside green beans, then tossed in a tangy champagne vinegar and Gorgonzola dressing. If you like, you can toss in some baby arugula.
- 1 1/2 pounds new or baby potatoes, scrubbed and cut in half
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar or white-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola or other blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped scallion greens
- Position rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 450°F.
- Toss potatoes and green beans in a large bowl with 2 teaspoons oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast, stirring once or twice, until the potatoes are tender and golden and the green beans are tender and browned in spots, 25 to 35 minutes.
- Whisk the remaining 3 teaspoons oil, vinegar and mustard in a large bowl. Stir in cheese and scallion greens.
- When the vegetables are done, toss with the dressing in the bowl. Serve warm.
Per serving: 151 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 3 mg cholesterol; 23 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 4 g protein; 3 g fiber; 295 mg sodium; 567 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (22% daily value), Potassium (16% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Preparation/ Technique
- March/April 2011