New Potato & Pea Salad
Try using a variety of colorful potatoes in this pretty spring dish.
New Potato & Pea Salad
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons canola, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and quartered or cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make dressing: Whisk wine, oil and mustard in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in shallots and dill and season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad: Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, partly covered, until potatoes are almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add peas and cook until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Toss potato mixture with dressing. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve within 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
- Note: One pound of peas in the pod yields 1 cup shelled peas.
Per serving: 170 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 85 mg sodium; 640 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Ease of Preparation