New Potato & Pea Salad
Try using a variety of colorful potatoes in this pretty spring dish.
New Potato & Pea Salad
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons canola, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and quartered or cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make dressing: Whisk wine, oil and mustard in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in shallots and dill and season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad: Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, partly covered, until potatoes are almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add peas and cook until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Toss potato mixture with dressing. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve within 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
- Note: One pound of peas in the pod yields 1 cup shelled peas.
Per serving: 170 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 85 mg sodium; 640 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more