New Potato & Pea Salad
Try using a variety of colorful potatoes in this pretty spring dish.
New Potato & Pea Salad
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons canola, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and quartered or cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make dressing: Whisk wine, oil and mustard in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in shallots and dill and season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad: Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, partly covered, until potatoes are almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add peas and cook until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Toss potato mixture with dressing. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve within 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
- Note: One pound of peas in the pod yields 1 cup shelled peas.
Per serving: 170 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 85 mg sodium; 640 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more