New Potato & Pea Salad
Try using a variety of colorful potatoes in this pretty spring dish.
New Potato & Pea Salad
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons canola, or extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pounds small red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and quartered or cut into bite-size pieces
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh or frozen peas, (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- To make dressing: Whisk wine, oil and mustard in a small bowl until smooth. Stir in shallots and dill and season with salt and pepper.
- To make salad: Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook, partly covered, until potatoes are almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add peas and cook until heated through, 1 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Add lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Toss potato mixture with dressing. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve within 1 hour.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the dressing (Step 1) for up to 1 day.
- Note: One pound of peas in the pod yields 1 cup shelled peas.
Per serving: 170 calories; 5 g fat (0 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 27 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 5 g protein; 4 g fiber; 85 mg sodium; 640 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (30% daily value), Vitamin A (20% dv), Potassium (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- 8 or more