This was my first time making clam chowder. It was easy to make and it was so good. My husband said, "It tastes like more!" I added a small can of corn (rinsed) and some garlic. I will definitely make this again, and I will probably double it so we have lots of leftovers!!! Yummy!!!
New England Clam Chowder
From EatingWell: September/October 2008
Chopped clams, aromatic vegetables and creamy potatoes blended with low-fat milk and just a half cup of cream gives this chunky New England-style clam chowder plenty of rich body. Serve with oyster crackers and a tossed salad to make it a meal.
18 Reviews for New England Clam Chowder
This was a GREAT clam chowder! I made it tonight and it is the 1st CC recipe that has worked for me! I will definately be making this again VERY soon!! I used 2 10 oz cans of whole clams and rough-chopped them to make sure and get good chunks of clam. Thank you for the amazing recipe!
I made this soup for my daughter and husband. Not being a big fan of clam chowder I was just hoping that I would at least be able to eat it. From the first bite I absolutely LOVED this soup as did my family. I did make a few changes like using fat free half and half instead of the low fat milk and heavy cream. I used canned chopped clams and the juice they were packed in instead of the bottled clam juice. I also cooked the bacon in a separate frying pan and transferred it to a dutch oven for the remainder of the cooking process. This reduced the amount of fat in the soup. This is a real stick to your ribs soup that is easy to make and that is perfect for a cold winter night.
Delicious and easy
This is the best clam chowder recipe I have ever made.
Stacie, Columbus, OH
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)