Grilled Nectarines with Mascarpone Cream
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Serve these grilled nectarines with lightly sweetened mascarpone (Italian cream cheese) as a first course or a sophisticated dessert. Look for balsamic glaze near balsamic vinegar in well-stocked supermarkets or use honey for a sweeter taste.
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 4 ripe but firm nectarines
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 teaspoons balsamic glaze or honey
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (see Tips)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine mascarpone, yogurt, sugar and 1 teaspoon tarragon in a medium bowl. Refrigerate while you prepare the nectarines.
- Cut nectarines in half and scoop out the pits. Brush the cut sides with oil. Oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill the nectarines, cut-side down, until slightly softened and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the nectarines among 8 plates. Fill each half with about 1 tablespoon of the mascarpone mixture and drizzle with 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze (or honey). Top with toasted almonds and more chopped tarragon, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: To toast sliced almonds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 149 calories; 11 g fat (5 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 14 mg sodium; 154 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- 8 or more
- May/June 2012
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)