Grilled Nectarines with Mascarpone Cream
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Serve these grilled nectarines with lightly sweetened mascarpone (Italian cream cheese) as a first course or a sophisticated dessert. Look for balsamic glaze near balsamic vinegar in well-stocked supermarkets or use honey for a sweeter taste.
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 4 ripe but firm nectarines
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 teaspoons balsamic glaze or honey
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (see Tips)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine mascarpone, yogurt, sugar and 1 teaspoon tarragon in a medium bowl. Refrigerate while you prepare the nectarines.
- Cut nectarines in half and scoop out the pits. Brush the cut sides with oil. Oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill the nectarines, cut-side down, until slightly softened and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the nectarines among 8 plates. Fill each half with about 1 tablespoon of the mascarpone mixture and drizzle with 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze (or honey). Top with toasted almonds and more chopped tarragon, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: To toast sliced almonds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 149 calories; 11 g fat (5 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 14 mg sodium; 154 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012