Grilled Nectarines with Mascarpone Cream
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Serve these grilled nectarines with lightly sweetened mascarpone (Italian cream cheese) as a first course or a sophisticated dessert. Look for balsamic glaze near balsamic vinegar in well-stocked supermarkets or use honey for a sweeter taste.
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 4 ripe but firm nectarines
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 teaspoons balsamic glaze or honey
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (see Tips)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine mascarpone, yogurt, sugar and 1 teaspoon tarragon in a medium bowl. Refrigerate while you prepare the nectarines.
- Cut nectarines in half and scoop out the pits. Brush the cut sides with oil. Oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill the nectarines, cut-side down, until slightly softened and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the nectarines among 8 plates. Fill each half with about 1 tablespoon of the mascarpone mixture and drizzle with 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze (or honey). Top with toasted almonds and more chopped tarragon, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: To toast sliced almonds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 149 calories; 11 g fat (5 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 14 mg sodium; 154 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012