Grilled Nectarines with Mascarpone Cream
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Serve these grilled nectarines with lightly sweetened mascarpone (Italian cream cheese) as a first course or a sophisticated dessert. Look for balsamic glaze near balsamic vinegar in well-stocked supermarkets or use honey for a sweeter taste.
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 4 ripe but firm nectarines
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 teaspoons balsamic glaze or honey
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (see Tips)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine mascarpone, yogurt, sugar and 1 teaspoon tarragon in a medium bowl. Refrigerate while you prepare the nectarines.
- Cut nectarines in half and scoop out the pits. Brush the cut sides with oil. Oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill the nectarines, cut-side down, until slightly softened and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the nectarines among 8 plates. Fill each half with about 1 tablespoon of the mascarpone mixture and drizzle with 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze (or honey). Top with toasted almonds and more chopped tarragon, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: To toast sliced almonds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 149 calories; 11 g fat (5 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 14 mg sodium; 154 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Make cooking Thanksgiving dinner easier with these simple...
If hungry guests are on their way for Thanksgiving dinner,...
These healthy, flavorful Thanksgiving side dishes are...
Use wild rice in a variety of healthy side dishes, including...
One of the most iconic fall vegetables, squash is a versatile...
Sauces and relishes provide the sweet or savory flavor...
Tender, sweet and just a little nutty, Brussels sprouts add a...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
There's nothing more enticing than walking into the kitchen...
If you have celiac disease or are sensitive to gluten, there...
Serve one of these healthy vegetarian main dishes, and you're...
The holiday season is the perfect time to use fresh...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
If you’re looking for a quick and easy appetizer to make for...
Entertaining is made easy with these delicious brunch recipes...
Take the stress out of Thanksgiving with these easy, healthy...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012