Grilled Nectarines with Mascarpone Cream
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Serve these grilled nectarines with lightly sweetened mascarpone (Italian cream cheese) as a first course or a sophisticated dessert. Look for balsamic glaze near balsamic vinegar in well-stocked supermarkets or use honey for a sweeter taste.
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 4 ripe but firm nectarines
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 teaspoons balsamic glaze or honey
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted (see Tips)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine mascarpone, yogurt, sugar and 1 teaspoon tarragon in a medium bowl. Refrigerate while you prepare the nectarines.
- Cut nectarines in half and scoop out the pits. Brush the cut sides with oil. Oil the grill rack (see Tips). Grill the nectarines, cut-side down, until slightly softened and beginning to brown, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the nectarines among 8 plates. Fill each half with about 1 tablespoon of the mascarpone mixture and drizzle with 1 teaspoon balsamic glaze (or honey). Top with toasted almonds and more chopped tarragon, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tips: To toast sliced almonds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.
Per serving: 149 calories; 11 g fat (5 g sat, 2 g mono); 23 mg cholesterol; 10 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 3 g protein; 1 g fiber; 14 mg sodium; 154 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- 8 or more
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2012