Nectarine & Strawberry Parfait
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
The nectarines, strawberries and cream in this strawberry parfait recipe are laced with a sweet wine syrup. For a party, make the components ahead and assemble the strawberry parfaits when you’re ready to serve.
- 3/4 cup sweet white wine, such as Sauternes or sweet Riesling
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 ripe but firm nectarines, thinly sliced
- 2 cups quartered hulled strawberries
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Combine wine and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Combine nectarines and strawberries in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the wine syrup. Refrigerate the remaining 1/4 cup syrup for at least 10 minutes to cool.
- Beat cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold or beat in yogurt and the cooled wine syrup just until combined.
- Spoon a scant 1/4 cup yogurt-cream into each of 4 dessert glasses or bowls and top with about 1/2 cup of the fruit mixture. Repeat with another layer of each.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the fruit and yogurt cream in separate containers for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 352 calories; 12 g fat (7 g sat, 3 g mono); 41 mg cholesterol; 53 g carbohydrates; 34 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 35 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (83% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 1/2 carbohydrates (other), 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012