Nectarine & Strawberry Parfait
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
The nectarines, strawberries and cream in this strawberry parfait recipe are laced with a sweet wine syrup. For a party, make the components ahead and assemble the strawberry parfaits when you’re ready to serve.
- 3/4 cup sweet white wine, such as Sauternes or sweet Riesling
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 ripe but firm nectarines, thinly sliced
- 2 cups quartered hulled strawberries
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Combine wine and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Combine nectarines and strawberries in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the wine syrup. Refrigerate the remaining 1/4 cup syrup for at least 10 minutes to cool.
- Beat cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold or beat in yogurt and the cooled wine syrup just until combined.
- Spoon a scant 1/4 cup yogurt-cream into each of 4 dessert glasses or bowls and top with about 1/2 cup of the fruit mixture. Repeat with another layer of each.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the fruit and yogurt cream in separate containers for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 352 calories; 12 g fat (7 g sat, 3 g mono); 41 mg cholesterol; 53 g carbohydrates; 34 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 35 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (83% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 1/2 carbohydrates (other), 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
Don’t be fooled: granola sounds healthy, but it's often high...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Summer's bounty of fresh berries invites creativity. From...
Fiber-rich okra is delicious, whether pickled, roasted or...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
If you’re following the Paleo Diet then you know that you...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
Add these healthy and delicious recipes to your gluten-free...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
When the produce section looks bleak, turn to the freezer....
If you’re craving an easy dessert tonight, we have just what...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
Potassium plays a vital role in keeping your heart healthy...
Go beyond the gin and tonic this summer and mix up cocktails...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2012