Nectarine & Strawberry Parfait
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
The nectarines, strawberries and cream in this strawberry parfait recipe are laced with a sweet wine syrup. For a party, make the components ahead and assemble the strawberry parfaits when you’re ready to serve.
- 3/4 cup sweet white wine, such as Sauternes or sweet Riesling
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 ripe but firm nectarines, thinly sliced
- 2 cups quartered hulled strawberries
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Combine wine and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Combine nectarines and strawberries in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the wine syrup. Refrigerate the remaining 1/4 cup syrup for at least 10 minutes to cool.
- Beat cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold or beat in yogurt and the cooled wine syrup just until combined.
- Spoon a scant 1/4 cup yogurt-cream into each of 4 dessert glasses or bowls and top with about 1/2 cup of the fruit mixture. Repeat with another layer of each.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the fruit and yogurt cream in separate containers for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 352 calories; 12 g fat (7 g sat, 3 g mono); 41 mg cholesterol; 53 g carbohydrates; 34 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 35 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (83% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 1/2 carbohydrates (other), 2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012