Nectarine & Strawberry Parfait
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
The nectarines, strawberries and cream in this strawberry parfait recipe are laced with a sweet wine syrup. For a party, make the components ahead and assemble the strawberry parfaits when you’re ready to serve.
- 3/4 cup sweet white wine, such as Sauternes or sweet Riesling
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 ripe but firm nectarines, thinly sliced
- 2 cups quartered hulled strawberries
- 1/2 cup whipping cream or heavy cream
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Combine wine and honey in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil until reduced to about 1/2 cup, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Combine nectarines and strawberries in a medium bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the wine syrup. Refrigerate the remaining 1/4 cup syrup for at least 10 minutes to cool.
- Beat cream in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold or beat in yogurt and the cooled wine syrup just until combined.
- Spoon a scant 1/4 cup yogurt-cream into each of 4 dessert glasses or bowls and top with about 1/2 cup of the fruit mixture. Repeat with another layer of each.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate the fruit and yogurt cream in separate containers for up to 4 hours.
Per serving: 352 calories; 12 g fat (7 g sat, 3 g mono); 41 mg cholesterol; 53 g carbohydrates; 34 g added sugars; 7 g protein; 3 g fiber; 35 mg sodium; 303 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (83% daily value)
Carbohydrate Servings: 3 1/2
Exchanges: 1 fruit, 2 1/2 carbohydrates (other), 2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Type of Dish
- Desserts, fruit
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2012