Nectarine, Corn & Tomato Relish
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Serve this tomato relish recipe—full of nectarines, corn and fresh tomatoes—as a wonderful accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish or try it tossed it with whole-wheat pasta and a little extra olive oil.
- 3 ripe but firm nectarines, chopped
- 1 cup quartered yellow cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 1 large ear; see Tip) or frozen (thawed)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine nectarines, tomatoes, corn, scallions, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.
Per serving: 74 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 107 mg sodium; 276 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- May/June 2012