Nectarine, Corn & Tomato Relish
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Serve this tomato relish recipe—full of nectarines, corn and fresh tomatoes—as a wonderful accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish or try it tossed it with whole-wheat pasta and a little extra olive oil.
- 3 ripe but firm nectarines, chopped
- 1 cup quartered yellow cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 1 large ear; see Tip) or frozen (thawed)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine nectarines, tomatoes, corn, scallions, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.
Per serving: 74 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 107 mg sodium; 276 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012