Nectarine, Corn & Tomato Relish
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Serve this tomato relish recipe—full of nectarines, corn and fresh tomatoes—as a wonderful accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish or try it tossed it with whole-wheat pasta and a little extra olive oil.
- 3 ripe but firm nectarines, chopped
- 1 cup quartered yellow cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 1 large ear; see Tip) or frozen (thawed)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine nectarines, tomatoes, corn, scallions, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.
Per serving: 74 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 107 mg sodium; 276 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012