Nectarine, Corn & Tomato Relish
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Serve this tomato relish recipe—full of nectarines, corn and fresh tomatoes—as a wonderful accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish or try it tossed it with whole-wheat pasta and a little extra olive oil.
- 3 ripe but firm nectarines, chopped
- 1 cup quartered yellow cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 1 large ear; see Tip) or frozen (thawed)
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Combine nectarines, tomatoes, corn, scallions, oil, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.
Per serving: 74 calories; 3 g fat (0 g sat, 2 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 2 g protein; 2 g fiber; 107 mg sodium; 276 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Vegetarian, other
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- May/June 2012