Nectarine & Prosciutto Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Sweet ripe nectarines pair with peppery arugula and a hit of salty Parmesan and prosciutto in this outstanding side salad.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups arugula, trimmed if necessary
- 2 ripe nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (see Tip)
- 3 paper-thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces), torn into 2-inch strips
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Combine lemon juice, shallot, mustard, honey and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in oil until combined. Add arugula and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates and top with equal portions of nectarine, Parmesan and prosciutto. Serve with a grinding of pepper on top, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Shave hard cheeses like Parmesan, Pecorino Romano or Asiago with a vegetable peeler.
Per serving: 212 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 9 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 9 g protein; 2 g fiber; 611 mg sodium; 327 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (27% daily value), Vitamin C (22% dv), Calcium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- May/June 2012