Nectarine & Prosciutto Salad
From EatingWell: May/June 2012
Sweet ripe nectarines pair with peppery arugula and a hit of salty Parmesan and prosciutto in this outstanding side salad.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 cups arugula, trimmed if necessary
- 2 ripe nectarines, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup shaved Parmesan cheese (see Tip)
- 3 paper-thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces), torn into 2-inch strips
- Freshly ground pepper (optional)
- Combine lemon juice, shallot, mustard, honey and salt in a large bowl. Whisk in oil until combined. Add arugula and toss to coat. Divide among 4 plates and top with equal portions of nectarine, Parmesan and prosciutto. Serve with a grinding of pepper on top, if desired.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: Shave hard cheeses like Parmesan, Pecorino Romano or Asiago with a vegetable peeler.
Per serving: 212 calories; 15 g fat (4 g sat, 9 g mono); 19 mg cholesterol; 12 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 9 g protein; 2 g fiber; 611 mg sodium; 327 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (27% daily value), Vitamin C (22% dv), Calcium (17% dv)
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 1/2 fruit, 1 vegetable, 1 high-fat meat, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- May/June 2012
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)