This pizza is fantastic, we've made it 2 dozen times at least, its always a hit even with skeptical guests the bite of the blue cheese, sweetness of the fruit and saltiness of pesto and prosciutto are a perfect combo. I often use peaches when I cant find nectarines and its the same taste.
Nectarine & Prosciutto Pizza
From EatingWell: July/August 2008
Here sweet ripe nectarines and salty prosciutto ham are arranged on a crust slathered with basil pesto and sprinkled with assertive blue and provolone cheeses. If you haven't tried pizza on the grill, you're missing one of the joys of outdoor cooking. Once you've mastered this technique, use it with any selection of toppings that float your boat.
4 Reviews for Nectarine & Prosciutto Pizza
This is fun and different. I enjoyed it but dont' think I'd make it again.
We use Canadian Bacon and peaches instead of the prosciutto and nectarines, but this is THE BEST pizza we've had! Very delicious, but the blue cheese is a little too strong for my 3 and 5 year-old.
Sounds bizarre, but one of the best summer pizza recipes ever. We've done it with blue, stilton, gorgonzola and its great every time. Don't add more prosciutto than called for or it gets way too salty along with the pesto.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)