Mustard-Maple Pork Tenderloin
Pork tenderloin is about as lean as it comes so it's a great healthy option, but it shouldn't be overcooked as it can dry out. Maple and mustard make a sweet-and-savory mahogany-colored sauce. A delicate note of sage gives it a wintery touch. Fresh thyme or rosemary also work if you prefer. Serve with barley, roasted squash and a Pinot Noir.
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 tablespoon mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl; rub all over pork. Heat oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork and brown on all sides, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the pan to the oven and roast until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 145°F, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Place the skillet over medium-high heat (take care, the handle will still be hot), add vinegar, and boil, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon, about 30 seconds. Whisk in maple syrup and the remaining 2 tablespoons mustard; bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Slice the pork. Add any accumulated juices to the sauce along with sage. Serve the pork topped with the sauce.
Per serving: 225 calories; 7 g fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono); 78 mg cholesterol; 9 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 0 g fiber; 479 mg sodium; 489 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (68% daily value), Zinc (21% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1/2 other carbohydrate, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, meat