This updated French bistro dish makes a simple dinner any night of the week. You might want to consider doubling the batch and using the remaining salmon in a tossed salad the next day.
- 1 1/4 pounds center-cut salmon fillets, cut into 4 portions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet with foil, then coat it with cooking spray.
- Place salmon pieces, skin-side down, on the prepared pan. Season with salt and pepper. Combine sour cream, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Spread evenly over the salmon.
- Broil the salmon 5 inches from the heat source until it is opaque in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 198 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 0 g fiber; 375 mg sodium; 560 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74% daily value), Potassium (26% dv), omega-3s.
Exchanges: 4 lean protein, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique