This updated French bistro dish makes a simple dinner any night of the week. You might want to consider doubling the batch and using the remaining salmon in a tossed salad the next day.
- 1 1/4 pounds center-cut salmon fillets, cut into 4 portions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat broiler. Line a broiler pan or baking sheet with foil, then coat it with cooking spray.
- Place salmon pieces, skin-side down, on the prepared pan. Season with salt and pepper. Combine sour cream, mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl. Spread evenly over the salmon.
- Broil the salmon 5 inches from the heat source until it is opaque in the center, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 198 calories; 8 g fat (2 g sat, 6 g mono); 72 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 29 g protein; 0 g fiber; 375 mg sodium; 560 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (74% daily value), Potassium (26% dv), omega-3s.
Exchanges: 4 lean protein, 1 fat
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- New Year's Eve
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 30 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique