Imported olives are the secret to this dark, complex vinagirette.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, canola oil, mustard, olives, maple syrup (or brown sugar) and basil in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 59 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique