Imported olives are the secret to this dark, complex vinagirette.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, canola oil, mustard, olives, maple syrup (or brown sugar) and basil in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 59 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you’re planning a holiday party this year, make...Celebrate the new year with EatingWell’s best healthy recipes!...
Eating a meatless dinner on Thanksgiving opens up a world of...Find inspiration for healthy holiday dining and entertaining...
Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Try one of these 5-minute, healthy smoothie recipes for a...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Eating too many added sugars may be taking a toll on our...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Black bean soup and black bean chili are delicious,...
Whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner, healthy wrap recipes...
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly option for dinner,...
Pull out your crock pot and make a delicious and hearty slow-...
Packed with iron, dietary fiber and thiamine, oats are a...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Apple pie is a favorite fall dessert and pumpkin pie is an...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique