Imported olives are the secret to this dark, complex vinagirette.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, canola oil, mustard, olives, maple syrup (or brown sugar) and basil in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 59 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
These healthy fruit bars are the perfect snack to put in your...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...This collection of healthy potluck recipes is full of crowd-...These healthy bean salad recipes bring fresh summery life to the...
Brownies and blondies are crowd-pleasing desserts for any...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
A tall glass of iced tea on a hot day is refreshing, and it...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
Using healthy ingredients such as nuts, dried fruit and whole...
Spinach might have made Popeye strong, but what he probably...
There’s no better way to celebrate Mother’s Day than by...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Save your waistline and your wallet with these quick and...
Our breakfast casserole recipes are a satisfying way to start...
We love Mexican meals, but often the differences between...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique