Imported olives are the secret to this dark, complex vinagirette.
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse-grained mustard
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, canola oil, mustard, olives, maple syrup (or brown sugar) and basil in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week.
Per serving: 59 calories; 6 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 47 mg sodium; 11 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Ease of Preparation
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique