Mustard-Baked Sole & Spinach Packets
From EatingWell: May/June 1998
Steaming sole and spinach in packets make clean up a snap. Make it a meal: Steamed new potatoes complete this meal.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 pound Pacific sole, flounder or haddock fillets
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place four 12-by-14-inch pieces of parchment or foil on a work surface. Mound 2 cups spinach on one half of each piece. Season with salt and pepper. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper and place on top of spinach. Spread shallot mixture over fish. Fold paper or foil over fish and pleat edges to seal. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 15 minutes, or until fish is opaque in the center. Transfer packets to individual plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 152 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 56 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 2 g fiber; 279 mg sodium; 633 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Selenium (66% dv), Magnesium (24% dv), Folate (21% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- May/June 1998