Mustard-Baked Sole & Spinach Packets
From EatingWell: May/June 1998
Steaming sole and spinach in packets make clean up a snap. Make it a meal: Steamed new potatoes complete this meal.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 pound Pacific sole, flounder or haddock fillets
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place four 12-by-14-inch pieces of parchment or foil on a work surface. Mound 2 cups spinach on one half of each piece. Season with salt and pepper. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper and place on top of spinach. Spread shallot mixture over fish. Fold paper or foil over fish and pleat edges to seal. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 15 minutes, or until fish is opaque in the center. Transfer packets to individual plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 152 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 56 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 2 g fiber; 279 mg sodium; 633 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Selenium (66% dv), Magnesium (24% dv), Folate (21% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
On a weekend morning, there’s nothing better than a hot stack...
Skip the store-bought candies and make your own! Try our...
Whether you’re vegan or entertaining a vegan guest for...
Thanksgiving dinner isn’t complete without an apple pie or...
The season of decorative holiday cookies is one of the most...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Sweet potato casserole is a traditional Thanksgiving side...
Chicken is always a favorite for anyone looking for a protein...
The tartness of fresh cranberries is a flavorful addition to...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
A piping-hot bowl of soup is a satisfying meal for a cozy...
Our healthy carrot recipes will help you get your fill of...
In just 10 minutes, make a delicious Thanksgiving appetizer...
Don't let muffins fool you: they may sound healthy, but many...
When it’s chilly outside, there’s no better way to warm up...
Wake up with these delicious and healthy recipes for homemade...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- May/June 1998