Mustard-Baked Sole & Spinach Packets
From EatingWell: May/June 1998
Steaming sole and spinach in packets make clean up a snap. Make it a meal: Steamed new potatoes complete this meal.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 pound Pacific sole, flounder or haddock fillets
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place four 12-by-14-inch pieces of parchment or foil on a work surface. Mound 2 cups spinach on one half of each piece. Season with salt and pepper. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper and place on top of spinach. Spread shallot mixture over fish. Fold paper or foil over fish and pleat edges to seal. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 15 minutes, or until fish is opaque in the center. Transfer packets to individual plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 152 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 56 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 2 g fiber; 279 mg sodium; 633 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Selenium (66% dv), Magnesium (24% dv), Folate (21% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- May/June 1998