Mustard-Baked Sole & Spinach Packets
From EatingWell: May/June 1998
Steaming sole and spinach in packets make clean up a snap. Make it a meal: Steamed new potatoes complete this meal.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 pound Pacific sole, flounder or haddock fillets
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place four 12-by-14-inch pieces of parchment or foil on a work surface. Mound 2 cups spinach on one half of each piece. Season with salt and pepper. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper and place on top of spinach. Spread shallot mixture over fish. Fold paper or foil over fish and pleat edges to seal. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 15 minutes, or until fish is opaque in the center. Transfer packets to individual plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 152 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 56 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 2 g fiber; 279 mg sodium; 633 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Selenium (66% dv), Magnesium (24% dv), Folate (21% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
When you need a little pick-me up, skip the sugar-laden energy...
The Meatless Monday movement is growing in popularity across...
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Few things are more satisfying on a chilly night than a...
Sunscreen helps keep your skin healthy and beautiful,...
Baked potatoes are the perfect accompaniment to your favorite...
These quick dinner recipes are tastier, healthier versions of...
A great salad deserves a great dressing. So we've created...
These delicious slim-down dinners all clock in at just 400...
Spaghetti squash is the ultimate pasta impostor: it is a...
These spicy recipes are packed with flavor and metabolism-...
The DASH diet (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) may...
Weeknight meals are made easy with these 20-minute, low-...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
When you surround yourself with healthy and delicious food,...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- May/June 1998