Mustard-Baked Sole & Spinach Packets
From EatingWell: May/June 1998
Steaming sole and spinach in packets make clean up a snap. Make it a meal: Steamed new potatoes complete this meal.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon coarse-grained mustard
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed and dried
- 1 pound Pacific sole, flounder or haddock fillets
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mustard and sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place four 12-by-14-inch pieces of parchment or foil on a work surface. Mound 2 cups spinach on one half of each piece. Season with salt and pepper. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper and place on top of spinach. Spread shallot mixture over fish. Fold paper or foil over fish and pleat edges to seal. Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake packets for 15 minutes, or until fish is opaque in the center. Transfer packets to individual plates. Serve with lemon wedges.
Per serving: 152 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 2 g mono); 56 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 21 g protein; 2 g fiber; 279 mg sodium; 633 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (80% daily value), Selenium (66% dv), Magnesium (24% dv), Folate (21% dv), Vitamin C (20% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1/2
Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood
- May/June 1998