I like the flavor of white wine more than beer, so try that substitution.
Mussels South of Two Borders
Prince Edward Island may account for a healthy share of the world's mussel production, but this recipe takes those mollusks farther south for a Latin American preparation that combines chorizo, chiles and beer.
5 Reviews for Mussels South of Two Borders
Great as an appetizer!Love it and will cook again!!!
there was just nothing "right" about this recipe. Too many conflicting tastes & nothing shone, certainly not the mussels. Ate less than half of it & will prob. throw away the other half.
These mussels were wonderful! I used a dark lager beer, omitted the cilantro because I'm not a fan, and used parsley instead. The combination of the cumin, beer and sausage made for a delicious meal - everyone loved them. I served the mussels with baked yam fries, crusty french bread and a salad. Will definitely make again!
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)