I liked the idea of the cream sauce; it was quite nice. We added more mushrooms to be sure we had enough- I am glad we did because we ate every bit. We will be having this again. My husband liked the sherry- I'm glad the recipe included it.
Creamy Wild Mushroom Toast Points
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
Serve these rich and savory mushroom toasts as a healthy appetizer with a fork and knife. Wild mushrooms give the topping the best flavor, but any type of mushroom will work in this healthy recipe for creamy wild mushroom toast points. This recipe makes more Cream Sauce without the Cream than you’ll need for the mushroom toasts. Refrigerate or freeze the extra sauce and use it in place of heavy cream in any sauce or soup that calls for cream.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)