I'm always looking for new, healthy ways to prepare chicken and this one definitely will be added to my recipe box! It was very tasty. I served this with Eating Well's Brown Rice and Greens recipe and it was a perfectly delicious and filling dinner.
Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
The secret to a good cream sauce is always the same: not too much cream or it can be overpowering, masking the more delicate flavors. Here it contains a bountiful amount of mushrooms and is served over chicken breasts.
84 Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
I made this exactly as the recipe read and used chicken scallopine so it didn't dry out. The liquids all absorbed into my mushrooms so there was not a cream sauce at all. It wasn't bad and my husband liked it but I was hoping for more flavor.
If you were given this meal in a beautiful candlelit restaurant, you would be incredibly impressed!
This was such a pleasant surprise I could not raving about it. I had wondered how anything with heavy cream could be so healthy.....especially because I don't like 'creamy' foods. This was not remotely creamy, and in fact, it simply tasted decadent, without all the guilt. It definitely tasted as if it could have been on the menu of a fancy French restaurant.... yummmmoooooo. I am making it again tomorrow, and I cannot wait.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)