My family loved it. My teenage sons friends were over while I was cooking and they all wanted to stay for dinner.
Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
The secret to a good cream sauce is always the same: not too much cream or it can be overpowering, masking the more delicate flavors. Here it contains a bountiful amount of mushrooms and is served over chicken breasts.
85 Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
I didn't have the shallot, used minced onion. No wine, either; just more broth. And I forgot the scallion topping. Oh, and didn't have shitakes so I used baby bella mushrooms. But it totally rocked. Thanks for a great recipe and a new weeknight favorite.
Very tasty and easy to put together, Would have been nice to have some left-overs, Had never had shitake mushrooms and was pleasantly surprised how great they taste. They were $11+/pound which I think is expensive. However, I will be make this dish again and again and again! Definitely a keeper.
This was really easy to make! I omitted the cooking wine and the shallot. Still turned out great! Had a really strong mushroom flavor. I prepared couscous as a side...it was my first time attempting to cook it and it turned out good too!
I made this dish last night for dinner and it was really good. I didn't have any white wine but I seem to think it would have added a bit more depth to the sauce and chicken. Also I didn't have the heavy cream and used 1% milk and had to add a teaspoon or so of flour to help thicken the sauce.
Nonetheless, I will definitely make this again and add the wine and heavy cream as the recipe suggests but it wasn't horrible without them either.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)