I cooked this tonight and my husband and I loved it. He want's me to add it as a permanent dish to the rotation. I added 2 cloves of garlic in with the shallot. Thanks for a great recipe!
Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
The secret to a good cream sauce is always the same: not too much cream or it can be overpowering, masking the more delicate flavors. Here it contains a bountiful amount of mushrooms and is served over chicken breasts.
85 Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
My husband flipped for this chicken dish. I'm on WW and this was only 7 points for one chicken breast and sauce. Company worthy! And super simple to make on a work night.
I am not a cook...far from it. But recently I've been "trying" recipes I've found online. This was the first one that I tried...and what a success! Not only was it fairly simple, I surprised my guest with how tasty this is (and how it looked like I knew what I was doing!). I am not much of a mushroom eater, but I definitely ate all! I doubled all the ingredients and ended up adding a little more cream and it was great. Thanks for posting!
So, I tried this tonight and my husband and I really enjoyed it and we agreed that this was definitely a keeper! I like sauces so I added cornstarch to it to thicken it up so that it wasn't so thin. I didn't have Shitake mushrooms, so I used Creminis instead and I used turkey cutlets because I didn't have chicken breasts.
I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but I did use it as a base for what I ended up serving. Regardless, this was delicious and I would definitely make this again.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- What Does a 1,500-Calorie Diet Look Like? (85 comments)
- EatingWell 28 Day Meal Plan Help (50 comments)
- EatingWell 7-Day Meal Plan Help (32 comments)
- Week #1: Are You Ready for a Change? (30 comments)
- Bottled Water vs. Tap (29 comments)
- EatingWell Magazine Digital Subscriptions or Single Issue Copies (28 comments)
- 3 Antidotes to Overeating (24 comments)
- The Wild Salmon Debate (21 comments)
- 7 Steps to Permanent Weight Loss (20 comments)
- Boost Fiber to Slim Down (18 comments)