Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
The secret to a good cream sauce is always the same: not too much cream or it can be overpowering, masking the more delicate flavors. Here it contains a bountiful amount of mushrooms and is served over chicken breasts.
84 Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
My husband flipped for this chicken dish. I'm on WW and this was only 7 points for one chicken breast and sauce. Company worthy! And super simple to make on a work night.
I am not a cook...far from it. But recently I've been "trying" recipes I've found online. This was the first one that I tried...and what a success! Not only was it fairly simple, I surprised my guest with how tasty this is (and how it looked like I knew what I was doing!). I am not much of a mushroom eater, but I definitely ate all! I doubled all the ingredients and ended up adding a little more cream and it was great. Thanks for posting!
So, I tried this tonight and my husband and I really enjoyed it and we agreed that this was definitely a keeper! I like sauces so I added cornstarch to it to thicken it up so that it wasn't so thin. I didn't have Shitake mushrooms, so I used Creminis instead and I used turkey cutlets because I didn't have chicken breasts.
I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but I did use it as a base for what I ended up serving. Regardless, this was delicious and I would definitely make this again.
this recipe is a very easy way to jazz up plain chicken breast. a tasty and nuanced sauce in 10 min. i substituted fresh sage for the chives, since that's what i had in my fridge, and it was delicious. also used sour cream instead of heavy (also bc that was in my fridge), and worked great.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)