I did use evaporated skim milk instead of heavy cream along with the dry vermouth. My husband and I loved it!!!
Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
From EatingWell: March/April 2008
The secret to a good cream sauce is always the same: not too much cream or it can be overpowering, masking the more delicate flavors. Here it contains a bountiful amount of mushrooms and is served over chicken breasts.
85 Reviews for Chicken Breasts with Mushroom Cream Sauce
I made this for my husband and I. I doubled the liquids for the sauce (except the cream) and it was a perfect amount. This is so good, you certainly wouldn't know it was healthy! The shiitakes/shallots really make it flavorful.
Sauce was a little too thin but it was full of flavor and richness. Would DEFINITELY make again. Thanks for the recipe!
This is just wonderful very light tasty and looks good in the plate. I used olive oil and added some hot sauce. It is really an excellent recipe
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)