Full of flavor and quick to make (for a soup). I omitted the turnips and the porcini mushrooms. delicious!
Mushroom-Beef Noodle Soup
From EatingWell: January/February 2013
You don’t need much beef in this homey mushroom-beef noodle soup recipe, since mushrooms and a little Worcestershire sauce give it plenty of savory flavor.
4 Reviews for Mushroom-Beef Noodle Soup
Very tasty, my husband loved it! One full serving is 5 points when following Weight Watchers. Eating healthy soups contributed to my 16 lb weight loss.
I loved this recipe! I'm not a huge mushroom fan but my husband is so I thought I'd try it for him. I didn't put a full pound of cremini in, although it would be fine for mushroom lovers. I put a little less carrot and celery (about a cup each), because I didn't have much on hand, and thought it was plenty. I also left out the turnip and garnish. Otherwise, followed the recipe and thought it was awesome!
If you like turnips, you'll probably really like this. I had turnips for the first time (they taste like mild radishes) and felt that flavor overwhelmed everything else. This would probably be good without it.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)