This is very tasty, but I will never serve it as a main course again. It feels like I'm not really eating anything because there's no textures. (I eat a lot of pureed soup, so it's not that.) I will definitely make again! Just as a side or an appetizer.
Mushroom Barley Soup
From EatingWell: EatingWell Serves Two
Float some homemade croutons on top of this soup for extra flavor and body. Serve with an amber beer and a salad of mixed greens with Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.
4 Reviews for Mushroom Barley Soup
Even better the next day! Yum!
yummy soup! i doubled the recipe so i could have leftovers. i also had to use dry sherry and dried thyme (i doubled the amount of fresh called for in the recipe). even with these last minute substitutions, it turned out excellent.
Connect With Us
Poll of the week
- Skillet Gnocchi with Chard & White Beans (189 comments)
- Chilaquiles Casserole (103 comments)
- Hamburger Buddy (100 comments)
- Bev's Chocolate Chip Cookies (87 comments)
- Balsamic & Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower (74 comments)
- Easy Salmon Cakes (73 comments)
- Broccoli-Cheese Chowder (72 comments)
- Mini Mushroom-&-Sausage Quiches (63 comments)
- Sauteed Chicken Breasts with Creamy Chive Sauce (58 comments)
- Beef & Bean Chile Verde (52 comments)