Moyo de Poulet FumÃ©
From EatingWell: September/October 1991
Combining smoke and heat, this dish is easy and quick to assemble. If you like fiery food, cut long slits in the peppers to release their juices. Four jalapeños, which are more readily available, may be substituted for the habaneros (also called Scotch bonnets), but the habaneros contribute a flavor all their own. Smoked chicken is available in specialty meat shops. Serve hot over rice.
- 1 2 1/2 pound smoked chicken, skinned
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped, or one 28-ounce can with juices, chopped
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 habanero chilies, pierced with a fork
- Cut chicken into 4 serving pieces (discard backbone). Place chicken and remaining ingredients in a wide saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the flavors have melded and the onions are tender, about 20 minutes.
Per serving: 312 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 97 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 35 g protein; 4 g fiber; 205 mg sodium; 899 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (103% daily value), Vitamin A (36% dv), Selenium (34% dv), Potassium (26% dv), Zinc (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Ring in the new year with low-calorie recipes from our new issue...
Jump-start your morning with our healthy, low-calorie...
A perfectly ripe avocado is the perfect addition to salads,...
It’s time for the avocado to shake its bad rap: sinfully...
Celebrate the holiday season with low-calorie recipes from our...
Skip the super-greasy fried food and creamy dips and go for...
Make a healthy snack for kids with one of our easy snack...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Eating healthy snacks is a good way to stave off hunger pangs...
Spaghetti and Meatballs is a classic, comforting Italian...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Indulge in something sweet with our delicious vegan dessert...
Resolve to eat healthier? No matter how busy you are, get in...
Breakfast is the most important meal—giving you a much-needed...
People who are most successful at losing weight—and keeping...
If you’re in a rush and thinking about skipping breakfast,...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1991