Moyo de Poulet FumÃ©
From EatingWell: September/October 1991
Combining smoke and heat, this dish is easy and quick to assemble. If you like fiery food, cut long slits in the peppers to release their juices. Four jalapeños, which are more readily available, may be substituted for the habaneros (also called Scotch bonnets), but the habaneros contribute a flavor all their own. Smoked chicken is available in specialty meat shops. Serve hot over rice.
- 1 2 1/2 pound smoked chicken, skinned
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped, or one 28-ounce can with juices, chopped
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 habanero chilies, pierced with a fork
- Cut chicken into 4 serving pieces (discard backbone). Place chicken and remaining ingredients in a wide saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the flavors have melded and the onions are tender, about 20 minutes.
Per serving: 312 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 97 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 35 g protein; 4 g fiber; 205 mg sodium; 899 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (103% daily value), Vitamin A (36% dv), Selenium (34% dv), Potassium (26% dv), Zinc (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1991