Moyo de Poulet FumÃ©
From EatingWell: September/October 1991
Combining smoke and heat, this dish is easy and quick to assemble. If you like fiery food, cut long slits in the peppers to release their juices. Four jalapeños, which are more readily available, may be substituted for the habaneros (also called Scotch bonnets), but the habaneros contribute a flavor all their own. Smoked chicken is available in specialty meat shops. Serve hot over rice.
- 1 2 1/2 pound smoked chicken, skinned
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped, or one 28-ounce can with juices, chopped
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 habanero chilies, pierced with a fork
- Cut chicken into 4 serving pieces (discard backbone). Place chicken and remaining ingredients in a wide saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the flavors have melded and the onions are tender, about 20 minutes.
Per serving: 312 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 97 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 35 g protein; 4 g fiber; 205 mg sodium; 899 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (103% daily value), Vitamin A (36% dv), Selenium (34% dv), Potassium (26% dv), Zinc (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you want to make the spread at your next party look...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you’re looking for a new recipe to make for your Fourth of...
Put a fresh twist on your classic American fare with this...
From grilled chicken recipes to chicken salad recipes, our...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
To round out your summer meal, enjoy one of our healthy...
Enjoy all the fruits and vegetables summer has to offer with...
What's a picnic without coleslaw and a salad? Our healthier...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Beat the heat this summer with these easy recipes for your...
Fire up the grill, pull out the lawn chairs and celebrate...
Whether you’re in the mood for a sweet or salty snack, our...
We know summer can be a busy time of year, but be sure to...
Turmeric most often appears in Indian cuisine, as its flavor...
Cut saturated fat when you bake by swapping some of the...
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- Ease of Preparation
- September/October 1991