Moyo de Poulet FumÃ©
From EatingWell: September/October 1991
Combining smoke and heat, this dish is easy and quick to assemble. If you like fiery food, cut long slits in the peppers to release their juices. Four jalapeños, which are more readily available, may be substituted for the habaneros (also called Scotch bonnets), but the habaneros contribute a flavor all their own. Smoked chicken is available in specialty meat shops. Serve hot over rice.
- 1 2 1/2 pound smoked chicken, skinned
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped, or one 28-ounce can with juices, chopped
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 habanero chilies, pierced with a fork
- Cut chicken into 4 serving pieces (discard backbone). Place chicken and remaining ingredients in a wide saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the flavors have melded and the onions are tender, about 20 minutes.
Per serving: 312 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 97 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 35 g protein; 4 g fiber; 205 mg sodium; 899 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (103% daily value), Vitamin A (36% dv), Selenium (34% dv), Potassium (26% dv), Zinc (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1991