Moyo de Poulet FumÃ©
From EatingWell: September/October 1991
Combining smoke and heat, this dish is easy and quick to assemble. If you like fiery food, cut long slits in the peppers to release their juices. Four jalapeños, which are more readily available, may be substituted for the habaneros (also called Scotch bonnets), but the habaneros contribute a flavor all their own. Smoked chicken is available in specialty meat shops. Serve hot over rice.
- 1 2 1/2 pound smoked chicken, skinned
- 6 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped, or one 28-ounce can with juices, chopped
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 habanero chilies, pierced with a fork
- Cut chicken into 4 serving pieces (discard backbone). Place chicken and remaining ingredients in a wide saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until the flavors have melded and the onions are tender, about 20 minutes.
Per serving: 312 calories; 12 g fat (3 g sat, 5 g mono); 97 mg cholesterol; 17 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 35 g protein; 4 g fiber; 205 mg sodium; 899 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (103% daily value), Vitamin A (36% dv), Selenium (34% dv), Potassium (26% dv), Zinc (18% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 1
Exchanges: 3 vegetable, 4 lean meat
More From EatingWell
If you're looking for an easy, healthy meal idea for dinner...
Whether you’re celebrating Cinco de Mayo or throwing a...
Few things are closer to perfection than the first sweet...
Trying to clean up your diet? These low-calorie recipes are...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
This Memorial Day, throw a barbecue or picnic with these...
Try making a healthy summer dip recipe or summer salsa recipe...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Barbecue sauce, rubs and marinades are easy, healthy ways to...
Everyone loves a good, juicy burger recipe! But hamburgers...
As delicious as eating healthy can be, we all still crave our...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Preparation/ Technique
- September/October 1991