Moroccan-Spiced Lemon Dressing
This dressing is inspired by the flavors of North Africa and is good drizzled on mixed green salads as well as grain salads. Shown: Quinoa Salad with Dried Apricots & Baby Spinach.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk lemon juice, yogurt, honey, cumin, cinnamon and ginger in a small bowl until blended. Slowly whisk in oil so that the dressing becomes smooth and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Per tablespoon: 54 calories; 5 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g protein; 0 g fiber; 56 mg sodium; 8 mg potassium.
Exchanges: 1 fat
More From EatingWell
If you work out in the morning, refuel with one of these...
Our healthy Labor Day recipes are a delicious way to...
One-pot recipes are the perfect solution for easy weeknight...
Our healthy stir-fry recipes are full of fiber-rich...
Packed with a bounty of nutrients as well as fiber, green...
Store-bought packaged foods can make cooking or baking easier...
Whether grilled, seared, broiled, baked or made into burgers...
Whether you’re roasting beets, serving them sliced on a salad...
Celebrate summer with our summer dessert recipes made with...In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...
When summer tomatoes from backyard gardens and farmstands hit...
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
- Type of Dish
- Salad dressing
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- 8 or more
- Preparation/ Technique