Moroccan-Spiced Chicken Breasts
From EatingWell: May/June 1995
The spicy coating caramelizes slightly during cooking, enhancing and mellowing the flavor mix.
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Moroccan Spice Mix, (recipe follows)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Blend Moroccan Spice Mix and oil in a shallow bowl. Pat chicken dry and dredge in the spice paste, turning to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken breasts until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
Per serving: 183 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 2 g fiber; 330 mg sodium; 223 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
If planning out quick and healthy meals for your family is a...
Adding lean protein, such as chicken, turkey, lean beef, low-...
Canned tuna is a quick, healthy and delicious option for...
Wraps are a delicious and healthy alternative to standard...
From grilled steak to creamy chicken, our quick and healthy...
If you’re trying to cut back on carbs or are following a low-...
Asparagus, rhubarb, peas, artichokes, beets, carrots and more...
Take advantage of all of the spring’s fresh produce with our...
Quinoa is a superfood that is packed with fiber and protein...
Healthy scones are as easy to make as a quick bread and these...
Turkish, Lebanese and other Middle Eastern flavors star in...The easiest way to make your chicken sing—punch it up with fresh...
Our healthy lemon recipes are bursting with the bright,...
Preventing heart disease through diet is made easier with our...
Instead of going out for date night, stay in and cook a...
One-pot meals are great, but they often serve a crowd. These...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- May/June 1995