Moroccan-Spiced Chicken Breasts
From EatingWell: May/June 1995
The spicy coating caramelizes slightly during cooking, enhancing and mellowing the flavor mix.
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Moroccan Spice Mix, (recipe follows)
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Blend Moroccan Spice Mix and oil in a shallow bowl. Pat chicken dry and dredge in the spice paste, turning to coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken breasts until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
Per serving: 183 calories; 8 g fat (1 g sat, 4 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 3 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 2 g fiber; 330 mg sodium; 223 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (30% daily value).
Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat
More From EatingWell
In the dog days of summer, you don’t have to turn on your stove...Icebox pies are an easy and popular summer dessert, yet they're...Celebrate the season with EatingWell's best recipes from the...
Turkey sausage is a healthy, leaner alternative to...
You won’t waste half a day’s worth—or more—of calories with...
Celebrate summer’s fresh vegetables with our healthy recipes...
Getting your kids to eat healthy on a gluten-free diet can be...Chicken is a great ingredient for building a healthy and...
Gluten-free salads, soups and sides don’t have to be boring....
Healthy and slimming summer dinners shouldn’t be hard to find...
Beat the heat and embrace the flavors of summer with low-...
Our low-calorie pasta salad recipes will be a favorite dish...
Cool down with these healthy, homemade freezer pops. On hot...
If you find yourself short on time this summer, try these...
For a lighter option for dinner tonight, try making a quick...
Whether you’re a vegetarian or just looking to cut back on...
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, poultry
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- May/June 1995