Moroccan Grilled Salmon
Tangy plain yogurt mixed with the classic ingredients for chermoula—a Moroccan spice mix—serves as both the marinade and the sauce in this salmon dish. If you like your food on the spicy side, add a pinch of cayenne to the mixture.
- 2 tablespoons low-fat or nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces center-cut salmon fillet, skinned and cut into 2 portions
- 2 lemon wedges
- Combine yogurt, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice, oil, garlic, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the sauce; cover and refrigerate. Place salmon in a medium sealable plastic bag. Pour in the remaining yogurt mixture, seal the bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 10 (or up to 30) minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to medium-high.
- Oil the grill rack (see Tip). Remove the salmon from the marinade, blotting any excess. Grill the salmon until it is browned and just cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Top the salmon with the reserved sauce and garnish with lemon wedges.
Tips & Notes
- To skin a salmon fillet: Place a fish fillet on a clean cutting board, skin side down. Starting at the tail end, slip the blade of a long, sharp knife between the fish flesh and the skin, holding the skin down firmly with your other hand. Gently push the blade along at a 30° angle, separating the fillet from the skin without cutting through either.
Per serving: 290 calories; 20 g fat (4 g sat, 10 g mono); 68 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 23 g protein; 0 g fiber; 184 mg sodium; 481 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Selenium (60% daily value), Vitamin C (20% dv), high omega-3s.
Exchanges: 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
When you’re watching your diet, snacking healthfully can keep...
Snacking (done right) can be a healthy way to curb your...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
When the temperature drops and the days get shorter, there's...
Having a snack attack? Stock your fridge and pantry with...
Low-fat cottage cheese is a healthy addition that adds...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 45 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- Cooking for 2
- Type of Dish
- Main dish, fish/seafood