From EatingWell: July/August 2014
This easy marinade recipe for chicken, turkey, pork, lamb or tofu blends citrus zests and juices with flavor-enhancing aromatic spices. For best flavor, marinate meat (or tofu) for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours. Shake off any excess marinade before cooking.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Combine oil, orange zest, lemon zest, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, cinnamon and cardamom in a large bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition note: Based on Test Kitchen results, 1 Tbsp. of marinade is absorbed per serving.
Per serving: 41 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 292 mg sodium; 24 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
More From EatingWell
In celebration of EatingWell's 10th anniversary we picked our...
These easy weeknight suppers are inspired by the bountiful...
Take advantage of summer's bounty of fresh produce with these...
Muffin tins are great for making more than just muffins,...
Use your charcoal grill or gas grill for more than just...
Potato salad is a favorite summer dish, but classic versions...
It’s no wonder that the Mediterranean diet is considered to...
Enjoy the world’s healthiest diet with these delicious...
Make your own pickles! Get the most out of summer’s bounty by...
Berries and fresh summer fruit star in our healthy homemade...
Pork tenderloin is an easy and healthy addition to your...
Our healthy pepper recipes, including recipes for bell...
Fresh, sun-ripened tomatoes not only taste wonderful, they...
For a quick and healthy dinner, make one of our easy stir-fry...
While nothing quite beats eating quickly boiled or grilled...
From healthy blueberry muffins and blueberry pancakes topped...
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, marinade/rub
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2014