From EatingWell: July/August 2014
This easy marinade recipe for chicken, turkey, pork, lamb or tofu blends citrus zests and juices with flavor-enhancing aromatic spices. For best flavor, marinate meat (or tofu) for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours. Shake off any excess marinade before cooking.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Combine oil, orange zest, lemon zest, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, cinnamon and cardamom in a large bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition note: Based on Test Kitchen results, 1 Tbsp. of marinade is absorbed per serving.
Per serving: 41 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 292 mg sodium; 24 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
More From EatingWell
An outstanding salad dressing can take your salad from ho-hum...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Turnips are a root vegetable with purple-white skin and a...
A piping-hot bowl of soup makes a delicious dinner and an...
Instead of ordering takeout tonight, try an easy chicken stir...
Whether you’re eating chickpeas in a salad, pasta dish or...
Pass on store-bought snacks that are loaded with fat and...
Vegetables are one of the healthiest foods you can eat,...
Our healthy low-carb desserts are delicious ways to end your...
Boneless chicken thighs can take plenty of cooking without...Oatmeal is an ideal breakfast for cooler months and is arguably...
Who says entertaining has to be reserved for the weekend only...
Peanut butter is a healthy ingredient and more versatile than...
If you’re watching your sodium intake, these low-sodium snack...
When it comes to making healthy slow cooker chicken recipes,...
Whether you’re packing a healthy snack for yourself or your...
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, marinade/rub
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2014