From EatingWell: July/August 2014
This easy marinade recipe for chicken, turkey, pork, lamb or tofu blends citrus zests and juices with flavor-enhancing aromatic spices. For best flavor, marinate meat (or tofu) for at least 4 hours and up to 8 hours. Shake off any excess marinade before cooking.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Combine oil, orange zest, lemon zest, orange juice, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, cinnamon and cardamom in a large bowl.
Tips & Notes
- Nutrition note: Based on Test Kitchen results, 1 Tbsp. of marinade is absorbed per serving.
Per serving: 41 calories; 4 g fat (1 g sat, 3 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 2 g carbohydrates; 0 g added sugars; 0 g total sugars; 0 g protein; 1 g fiber; 292 mg sodium; 24 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 0
More From EatingWell
Omega-3 fats are good for your heart and are found in fish...
These healthy sugar-free dessert recipes are a delicious and...
Stir-fries are an easy way to get dinner on the table fast...
Whether you're looking for a quick breakfast or a refreshing...
If you’re trying to slim down, our low-calorie dinners to...
Carbs have gotten a bad rap as a diet no-no, but whole grains...
When you’re trying to lose weight, you don’t need to skimp on...
The next time you’re thinking about ordering takeout, put...
Fresh seasonal produce offers plenty of reasons to try one of...
Baking a cake from scratch doesn’t have to be time-intensive...
There’s something oh-so-soothing about a bowl of creamy...
Our nutritionists have verified that these recipes do not...
Homemade desserts, including piping-hot apple pie, rich...
If you’re searching for an affordable and healthy meal for...
Our healthy lasagna recipes, including classic meat lasagna...
Make sure you have a quick and easy dinner ready to go next...
- Entertaining, casual
- Type of Dish
- Sauce/Condiment, marinade/rub
- Ease of Preparation
- July/August 2014