Moroccan Chicken Salad
From EatingWell: September 1997
Leftover chicken and rice come together in this flavorful main dish salad. Serve over baby spinach.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine rice, chicken, carrots, scallions and olives in a large bowl. Whisk together gravy (or broth), orange juice, lemon juice, mint, cilantro, oil, cinnamon, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste in another bowl. Toss dressing with rice mixture.
Per serving: 307 calories; 9 g fat (2 g sat, 5 g mono); 63 mg cholesterol; 32 g carbohydrates; 24 g protein; 2 g fiber; 267 mg sodium; 455 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin A (190% daily value), Vitamin C & Selenium (31% dv), Folate (26% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 lean meat
More From EatingWell
Our easy holiday appetizer recipes are great for a holiday...
Citrus fruit, such as grapefruit, lemons, limes and oranges,...
Kale and other dark leafy greens are a flavorful, vitamin-...
Making a quick and healthy dinner when you really pressed for...
A piping hot bowl of soup is the ultimate comfort food during...
Decadent cream-based soups are typically loaded with...
Enjoy seasonal fresh fruit even in winter with these healthy...
Winter salads can taste like a refreshing start to those...
Save money on food during the holiday season but still eat...
Pasta is a favorite comfort food—it’s quick, easy to cook and...
Picture this: You arrive home tired and frazzled, and the...
Our gluten-free cookie recipes are a healthy and delicious...
Whether you’re making Christmas cookies for your annual...
End your holiday meal on a sweet note with our healthy...
Spend more time with friends and family and less time in the...
Our festive holiday cocktails, including healthy recipes for...
- Quick (total 30 min. or less)
- Ease of Preparation
- Total Time
- 15 minutes or less
- Main Ingredient
- September 1997